workshops and trainings
LEVEL TWO COURSE CURRICULUM
The Level 2 curriculum includes 40 hours of training and workshops covering safety and therapeutic applications.
Our next Level 2 Training date is July 10th - 16th, 2018
An optional continuing education component is available as well. The program is pending approval by the National Association of Social Workers for 10 Continuing Education Contact hours. (Approval # 886573665-9893 for Social Work). Please contact Carrie Heller for more information.
- A review of safety and spotting techniques, rigging, warming up and cooling down
- Lessons on how to spot and teach tricks on the trapeze and Spanish web, as taught in the Aerial Circus Training and Safety Manual
- An introduction to spotting, teaching and working with rings (Roman rings) as taught in the Aerial Circus Training and Safety Manual
- The specific differences between working with typical versus special needs students in the air
- How to determine proper skill progression when working with typical versus special needs populations
- Language and specific skills that should be used when working with typical versus special needs populations
When participants go home after training, they will be asked to incorporate all they have learned into their work and learn from others as well. Independent study is not required for Circus Arts Therapy Training participants, however participants are encouraged to do independent study with any of the following organizations:
- CircusYoga with Kevin and Erin Maile O'Keefe
- NECCA with Elsie and Serenity Smith
- Dance & Circus Arts of Tampa Bay, FL
- Circus Harmony/Circus Day Foundation
- Circus Center in San Francisco
- Wise Fool in New Mexico
- Jackie Davis
- Check with the American Youth Circus Organization for circus schools in your area.